Funding and Employment Eligibility
Academic Standards for Funding Eligibility for UC Merced graduate students
- Your graduate group might have additional academic requirements — check your policies.
- It is your responsibility to determine which requirements, procedures and deadlines apply to you.
Academic Standards for Funding Eligibility
- Satisfactory academic progress toward the degree objective
- Enrollment in at least 12 units throughout the current semester (i.e., the academic semester in which the teaching and/or researcher appointment occurs).
- Combined campus-wide employment of 49.9 percent time or less during any academic semester.
- During each of the two most recent semesters of enrollment:
Requesting Employment and Funding Exceptions
- Complete an Employment Exception Request form.
- Attach a brief plan for improvement, if applicable. (This can usually be approximately one page in length, but can be longer or shorter depending on the situation.)
- Also attach a statement of support from your faculty advisor.
- Obtain signatures from your faculty advisor and graduate group chair.
- Submit the form to the School of Engineering graduate program staff.